Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health
Job Reference Number: 17337
The Reproductive Cancer Group located in the Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health at the Medical School, is seeking a Research Officer to join its research team.
The Reproductive Cancer Group is supported by the Cancer Council SA/ South Australian Medical Research Institute and the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to investigate mechanisms that underlie ovarian cancer invasion and chemotherapy resistance using both animal models and human samples. The ultimate aims of the research are to identify tumour markers to aid in early ovarian cancer diagnosis and the discovery of novel therapeutic targets for advanced disease.
We are seeking a Research Officer to assist in the group in a number of research projects. You will be working with a dynamic team and involved in all aspects of the projects to ensure their timely and successful implementation.
You should have:
- Knowledge of general laboratory procedures.
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques, tissue culture
- Experience with using computers (word processing and data presentation)
- Experience in recording and analysing results and preparing written communications.
Salary: (HEO6) $62,155 - $67,300 per annum.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 9% applies
Term of Position
This full time, fixed-term position is available immediately for 12 months in the first instance.
Closing date: 13 April 2012
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the knowledge and experience and qualifications section of the Position Description
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to email@example.com