Learning & Quality Support
The Learning & Quality Support (LQS) unit operates within the Division of the DVC&VP(A), providing support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning). The unit facilitates and oversees systematic and strategic approaches to learning and quality assurance support processes across the University. Learning and Quality Support contributes to the achievement of the University's commitment to excellence in education through maintaining a robust system for quality assurance and educational compliance and by providing support to the academic community to enhance the quality and status of learning and teaching in the University.
The Learning and Quality Support unit:
- provides advice to staff on program development and quality assurance requirements
- supports learning and teaching awards and grants administration and selection processes
- maintains and reviews learning and teaching policies
- conducts program and academic unit reviews and provides templates and data to facilitate course reviews
- supports university-wide learning and quality assurance related working parties and committees (ULC, PAEC, QEC)
- maintains the University's quality assurance related frameworks (incl. benchmarking, accreditation, surveys)
- provides advice on and manages educational compliance matters (for example those relating to TEQSA and the AQF)
- produces the University Calendar
- manages the DVC&VP(A) portfolio website, providing access to learning and teaching resources, information on processes, and links to current perspectives on higher education
- coordinates and contributes to quality assurance and learning enhancement activities, both internal and external to the University.
Please feel free to email Learning & Quality Support if you have questions or require assistance regarding any of the above.
See the University phonebook for a list of all Learning and Quality Support staff.