The University of Adelaide (UoA) defines learning analytics as:
“ The practice of developing actionable insights through the collection, analysis and reporting of data about learners and their contexts, for purposes of understanding and optimising learning and the environments in which it occurs. ”
We are inviting academics and staff to complete the Learning Analytics Feedback survey to share your experiences using learning analytics in MyUni. Survey findings will inform how the LA Team better support academics and staff in areas of analytics.
The questionnaire should approximately 5 minutes to complete. The questionnaire is strictly confidential and anonymous. Your valuable participation will contribute towards our action plans for improvements.
Please click - Learning Analytics Feedback
Learning analytics offers evidence to assist educational analysis, prediction and enhanced learning and teaching practices:
- Identify and monitor course activity and performance
- Modify teaching approaches to improve learning outcomes
- Identify students 'at risk' to inform interventions
- Send timely reminders to students
- See class average and grades distribution
- Visualise their participation
- Page views
- Submissions - missing, late, on-time
- Quizzes and assessments
- Most viewed modules and sites