Associate Director, Legal
"You are welcome to contact any of our legal counsel for confidential advice that will be protected by legal professional privilege."
Legal Advice and Support
The Legal and Risk branch is responsible for the provision of legal services to the University.
We advise University staff on a range of legal issues that arise from the University's diverse learning, teaching and research endeavours - from the very simple to the very complex.
We aim to serve the best interests of the University but are also required to comply with the standards of conduct required by the legal profession. We are focussed on positive, pragmatic outcomes.
What We Do
The Legal team provides advice, information and support for:
- General legal and compliance matters
- Contract planning, drafting, review and negotiation
- Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
- Privacy matters
- Estate administration
- Dispute resolution and management
- Engagement of external professionals
- Representation in tribunals and court
- Training and Education
- Investigations by Ombudsman, Human Rights Commissioner or other regulatory bodies
Personal Legal Advice
We are the University's lawyers and advisors and we are not able to provide advice to staff and students on personal matters. The Adelaide University Union (AUU) can assist students seeking legal advice. Students should contact the AUU by phone 08 8313 5401 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.