Collections and locations in the Library
The University of Adelaide Library comprises a number of libraries each of which contains individual collections.
|BSL (Barr Smith Library)|
|Offsite (in storage) Collections|
BSL (Barr Smith Library)
- Chemistry Dept
- Contact the School of Chemistry and Physics Office.
- EUi collection
- Monographs of the European Union are all classified at 337.142
Journal material, including the Bulletin of the European Union, annual reports and statistics, are all classified at 337.14205
More information at European Union publications
- Geographical and Environmental Studies Dept
- Contact the Geographical and Environmental Studies Office.
- In Storage: Use the Requests button
- Closed storage. Use the Requests button in Library Search to have the item retrieved.
- Items requested by 11am Monday - Friday will be available after 12.
- Joint Library Store
- Off-campus store. Also known URRSA (Universities' Research Repository - South Australia).
Visit the Joint Library Store page for more information.
- Main collection
- Shelved on Levels 1 and 2, in one call number sequence. See floor plans for the locations of call numbers.
- New books
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Level 3, displayed for one week.
Or check lists of new books that have been added to the library.
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Level 3. Latest issue and some recent issues are on display racks. The latest month of newspapers are kept in the Reserve collection on Level 3 North.
- Offsite storage
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Temporarily in offsite storage. This item is unavailable.
Registered Library users who need a journal article should place a Document delivery request. The article will be supplied free of charge.
- Oversize collection 000-999
- Location: Level 2 North, Barr Smith Reading Room foyer.
- Recent journals (Barr Smith Library, Level 3)
- The latest issues of some general interest journals.
- Reference collection
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Level 2 North, Barr Smith Reading Room foyer. For use within the Library only.
- Reserve collection
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Level 3 North. High demand collection: essential and required reading.
- Schulz collection
- Held in the Schulz Library, Education Building, Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street. Available for loan only to staff and students of the School of Education. Contact the School secretary.
- Special collections
- Location: Barr Smith Library, Level 1 South. Rare Books and Special Collections. For use only in the Library. More information
- Law (Law Library)
- Lower two floors of the Ligertwood (Law School) Building, North Terrace Campus. More information
- Music (Elder Music Library)
- Hartley Building, Kintore Avenue, North Terrace Campus. More information
- Roseworthy (Roseworthy Campus Library)
- Located approximately 50km north of Adelaide and 12km from Gawler. More information
- Waite (Waite Library)
- Located at the Waite Campus at Urrbrae, 8km south-east of Adelaide. More information
Last update: 24 July 2013 by Margaret Colmer