Missing Items in the Library
- The library will replace any items reported missing in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Replacement will be by purchase of another copy, or by obtaining a copy from another library, whichever is the most appropriate for the user at the time.
- Library staff will assist users to search for missing items and, if not found, they will offer a solution for finding an alternative location and/or actioning a replacement copy.
- The library catalogue will accurately reflect only items available on the shelves, or available online, and records of missing items not found or replaced will be removed within 3 weeks.
- We aim to take action on all missing item reports within 10 days, and to resolve 90% of requests within 3 weeks.
|Created by||Jennifer Hanisch, Margaret Hosking & Margaret Colmer|
|Endorsed by||Library Senior Staff Committee, meeting no 21/99 July 2009|
|Approved by||Library Executive Steering Committee, Meeting 09/19 on 30/09/2009|
|Effective from||1 October 2009|
Reviewed: June 7 2010 by Jennifer Hanisch and Margaret Colmer
Next Review date: 23 September 2011
|Contact for queries||Margaret Colmer|