Anatomical Sciences Resources
Last update March 2012 by Mick Draper
Table of Contents
Uni of Adelaide Undergraduate Student Online Resources
- Anatomy tv Click on link, then on the Resources tab, and then on the Anatomy.tv icon or
link. The online graphics and text includes several layers, rotation, etc. Interactive human anatomy to view multiple layers. Includes quizzes.
- Australian Medicines Handbook Online access to information on drugs approved for use in Australia
- BestPractice Latest research, evidence, and expert opinion on a range of common conditions
- Harrison's principles of internal medicine online. University of Adelaide users only.
- MDConsult Searches clinical ebooks, ejournals, review journals, a drugs database, news, practice guidelines, patient handouts, and cases on a wide area of clinic medicine from specific tabs or from a single search engine.
- Stat!Ref 11 online med texts. Click on Table of contents to see the books available.
- UpToDate Provides information on diagnosis, treatment, prognosis etc on a wide range of medical conditions. Evidence based.
Mick's Tutorial on how to find stuff in the Barr Smith Library This is written for first year med students. Others can read the tutorial but don't have access to the questions.
References (citations) in assignments
Sources for finding JOURNAL ARTICLES
Journal Title Abbreviations
PubMed Searches on The University of Adelaide Discipline of Anatomical Sciences Research Areas
General Anatomy Sites
- an@tomy tv
Interactive Human Anatomy Uni of Adelaide community only. Click on link, then on the Resources tab, and then on the Anatomy.tv icon or link. The online graphics and text includes several layers, rotation, etc.
- Anatomy atlases
Anatomy information for med students. Includes several online books with images, text and sound.
- Anatomy interactive Human Gross Anatomy
A compilation of anatomy links
A compilation of sites, including teaching material, products, publications and images.
- Get Body Smart.com An animated site showing anatomy of various systems, tutorials, and quizzes. From Scott Sheffield
- Human anatomy online Graphics and some text on the body systems From MyHealthScore.com
- Primate Info Net
From Wisconsin Regional Primate Research Center University of Wisconsin - Madison
- The "Virtual" - Medical Center Anatomy & Histology Center
Click here for compilation of sites that covers fish to mammals
Blood Brain Barrier
UNSW Cell Biology
A beginning set of notes on cell biology from Mark Hill Uni of NSW
More notes for beginners by Mark Hill of Uni of NSW
Fingerprints and Dermatoglyphics
- Osteology Chapter from book by Henry Grey (1918) Anatomy of the human body
- Becoming Human Includes news, documentaries, bibliographies and other resources.From Institute of Human Origins, Arizona State University
- Human Evolution
A compilation of sites from the Google search engine
- Modern Human Variation
An online tutorial by Dennis O'Neil, Ph.D. Palomar College San Marcos, California
- Caesar Project Civilian American and European Surface Anthropometry Resource
Paleopathology Research Laboratory Virginia Commonwealth University Has case studies
An excellent database with many species. Includes info and refs on reproduction. From The WorldFish Center and other collaborators
- Sea Urchin Embryology
High school or early undergrad level teaching material From Stanford University
- UNSW Embryology
Lots of notes on embryology. Mostly human but other animals included. By Mark Hill Uni of NSW
- Welcome to the Marsupials
Info on this group including a little on reproduction from The Natural History Collections of the Uni of Edinburgh
To Barr Smith Library Medicine/Dentistry Links