These Web and Library sources cover analytical chemistry. Relevant data and methods may also be in other Chemistry resources.
Web gateways include:
For methods, see:
- Comprehensive analytical chemistry (Wilson). Elsevier, 1959-.
- Main collection 543 W74
Each volume is devoted to a technique. Surveys procedures with references to method detail in the literature.
- Treatise on analytical chemistry (Kolthoff). 1st and 2nd ed. 1959-1993
- Main collection 543 K81 and 543 K81.2
Part 1: Theory and practice - 1st and 2nd ed.
Part II: Analytical chemistry of inorganic and organic compounds; with a subject index in volume 17. 1st ed. only.
Part III: Analytical chemistry in industry. 1st ed. only.
- Official methods of analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 16th ed. 1995. 2 vols and supplement.
- Reference collection 543.05 O32.3
Has subject indexes and some reference tables.
- Official and standardized methods of analysis. Royal Society of Chemistry. 3rd ed. 1994.
- Reference collection 543 W337o
Contains methods of analysis for foodstuffs, drugs, cosmetics, fertilisers, metals, water and other materials. Has an index and a list of British Standards that deal with analytical methods.
- Annual book of ASTM standards. (American Society for Testing and Materials).
- Reference collection 620.106 A5
Section 00 is a subject index.
- Vogel's qualitative inorganic analysis. G. Svehla. 6th ed. 1987.
- Main collection 544 V87.6
A standard laboratory text with traditional dry and wet test procedures for inorganic anions and cations.
- Spot tests in inorganic analysis. 6th English ed. 1972.
- Main collection 544.834 F297q
Detailed procedures for spot test detection, using a drop of test or reagent solution.
- Spot test analysis: clinical, environmental, forensic and geochemical applications. 1985.
- Main collection 543.08134 J95s
- Selected methods of trace metal analysis: biological and environmental samples. J.C. van Loon.1985.
- Main collection 543 V261s
Includes evaluated procedures for determining trace metals using atomic absorption/emission spectrometry on botanical and zoological , food, clinical, water, air and soil samples.
- The determination of trace metals in natural waters. Ed. T.S. West. IUPAC. 1988.
- Main collection 543 W521d
Includes procedures for the determination of 10 biosignificant trace metals (Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Hg, Mo, Ni, Pb, Se, Zn) in natural waters by spectrophotometric, absorption/emission/ mass spectrometric, electrochemical, neutron activation analysis methods.
- Environmental sampling and analysis: a practical guide. Lewis Publishers, 1991.
- Main collection 574.50154 K28e
- Compilation of E.P.A.'s sampling and analysis methods. 1991.
- Main collection 543 M947c
- Methods for physical and chemical analysis of fresh waters. 2nd ed. 1978.
- Main collection 574.06 I612 8.2 and 546.22 G629A
- Laboratory manual for the examination of water, waste water and soil. 1988.
- Main collection 628.161 R937l
- X-ray spectroscopy in environmental sciences. 1989.
- Main collection 543.08586 V174x
- The chemist's ready reference handbook. 1990.
- Reference collection 543 S562c
Contains descriptions of instruments and basic analytical procedures.
- Handbook of analytical chemistry. 1963.
- Main collection 543 M516h
Includes procedures and data and a subject index.
- CRC handbook of basic tables for chemical analysis. 1989.
- Reference collection 543.00212 B898c
Contains data for chromatography, spectroscopy and qualitative tests.
- CRC handbook of organic analytical reagents. 1982.
- Reference collection 547.301 C11
Covers organic reagents used for metal and anion analysis.
- Chemical analysis of organometallic compounds. 5 vols. 1973-77.
- Main collection 547.051 C945c
Contains detailed analytical procedures for organometallic compounds.
- Analytical methods for pesticides, plant growth regulators, and food additives. 1963-73. 7 vols.
- Main collection 632 Z97