These Web and Library sources cover electrochemical data. See also other data sections of Chemistry resources.
- Web gateways and data sources include:
- Electrochemical Science and Technology Information Resource
- A comprehensive list of both Internet (tutorials, societies, researchers, journals, newsgroups, mailing lists) and printed sources of electrochemical information. Developed from the FAQ file of the sci.chem.electrochem newsgroup.
- Dielectric constants chart, ASI Instruments Inc
- A list of the dielectric constants of a range of inorganic and organic compounds.
- Printed handbooks such as the following are the most likely sources of data.
- Comprehensive treatise of electrochemistry. Plenum Press, 1980-1985. 10 vols.
- Main collection 541.37 C737
A descriptive treatise on the principles, methods and applications of electrochemistry. v. 1. The double layer v. 2. Electrochemical processing v. 3. Electrochemical energy conversion and storage v. 4. Electrochemical materials science v. 5. Thermodynamics and transport properties of aqueous and molten electrolytes v. 6. Electrodics: transport v. 7. Kinetics and mechanisms of electrode processes v.8. Experimental methods in electrochemistry v. 9. Electrodics: experimental techniques v. 10.
- CRC handbook series in inorganic electrochemistry. L. Meites. CRC Press, 1980-84. 7 vols.
- Reference collection 541.370212 C105
A large set of electrochemical data on inorganic substances and metal complexes (but not organometallic compounds) arranged alphabetically by element symbol, with literature references to sources. The Library set lacks vol 8 covering U-Zr.
- CRC handbook series in organic electrochemistry. L. Meites, CRC Press. 1977. 2 vols.
- Main collection 547.137 C517c.
A large set of electrochemical data on organic and organometallic compounds arranged by formula. Covers the literature from 1960-71.
- Electrolyte data collection. DECHEMA, 1992-.
- Main Collection 541.37 B285e
A continuing series of volumes with data on electrolyte solutions and their solvents.
Pt. 1. Conductivities, transference numbers, limiting ionic conductivities of: 1. methanol solutions 1a. ethanol solutions. 1b. propanol, butanol, and higher alcohol solutions. 1c-1f. aprotic, protophobic solvents: I nitriles II carbonates III,IV ketones, esters and nitrohydrocarbons C1-C6. 1g. protophilic H-bond donor and aprotic solvents I: amides
Pt. 2. Dielectric properties of water and aqueous electrolyte solutions 2a. ... of nonaqueous electrolyte solutions
Pt. 3. Viscosity of nonaqueous solutions: alcohols and alcohol solutions 3a-b. aprotic and protic non-alcohol solutions C1-C8 3c-d. Viscosity of aqueous solutions AgClO4-ClO16Th, CoO4S-O6SU
- Handbook of electrolyte solutions. V.M.M. Lobo. Elsevier, 1989. 2 vols.
- Reference collection 541.372 L799h
Contains density, viscosity, conductance, transport numbers, diffusion coefficients, activity and osmotic coefficients of aqueous solutions of binary inorganic electrolytes at a range of temperatures. Arranged alphabetically by formula. Includes references to sources of data which cover the late 1920s onwards.
- Nonaqueous electrolytes handbook. G.J. Janz. Academic Press, 1972. 2 vols.
- Main collection 541.37 J35
Contains data on electrical conductance, diffusion, density, viscosity, transference numbers of nonaqueous solutions of organic and inorganic electrolytes; also physical properties (boiling point, melting point, viscosity, dielectric constant, specific conductance, density) of the 210 solvents used. Covers the literature to 1972.
- Handbook of electrochemical constants. R. Parsons. Butterworths Scientific, 1960.
- Main collection 541 P26
A concise handbook with data on properties of ions, salts and solvents; activity coefficients; thermal properties of electrolytes; equilibrium constants in solution; molal volumes of electrolytes; molten salts; equilibrium properties of electrodes; viscosity and diffusion in electrolytes; conductivity of electrolytes; kinetic properties of electrodes; surface tension, dielectric constant and refractivity of aqueous solutions.
- Electrochemical data. B.E. Conway. Elsevier, 1952.
- Main collection 541 C76
Contains physical property and electrochemical data on inorganic and organic compounds including dielectric constants; activity coefficents, conductance of electrolytes; dissociation constants of acids and bases in aqueous and organic solvents, solubilities; properties of colloids and biological electrolytes;molten salts; electrode potentials; electrode kinetics. Has an subject index.
- Electrochemical data: a handbook for electrochemists in industry and
- Main collection 541.37 D633e.E
Properties include: conductivity, resistivity, transport number, diffusion coefficient, relaxation time, relative permittivity, dissociation constant, activity coefficient, solubility product, rH value, pH, electrode potential.
- Encyclopedia of chemical electrode potentials. M.S. Antelman. Plenum Press, 1982.
- Main collection 541.3724 A627e
Aims to be a comprehensive listing of chemical electrode potentials to the date of publication. Includes sections by element, inorganic anion, organic functional group, inorganic nitrogen bases.
- Thermodynamic and transport properties for molten salts: correlation equations for critically evaluated density, surface tension, electrical conductance, and viscosity data. G.J. Janz. National Bureau of Standards, 1988. (Journal of physical and chemical reference data. Vol 17, 1988. Supplement 2)
- Reference collection 530.805 U86a 17.2
Data for one and two component salt systems and a selection of higher multi-component systems.
- Molten salts handbook. G.J. Janz. Academic Press, 1967.
- Main collection 546.34 J35m
Contains physical properties, thermodynamic properties, electrochemical properties, spectroscopy and structure, practical features, experimental techniques. Has a formula index.
- Atlas of electrochemical equilibria in aqueous solutions. M. Pourbaix. Pergamon Press, 1966.
- Main collection 541.37 P877
- Handbook of organic conductive molecules and polymers. Ed. Hari Singh Nalwa. Wiley, c1997. 4 vols.
- Reference collection 547.840457 N173o
1. Charge-transfer salts, fullerenes, and photoconductors
2. Conductive polymers : synthesis and electrical properties
3. Conductive polymers : spectroscopy and physical properties
4. Conductive polymers : transport, photophysics, and applications.