These sources cover the properties and reactions of organometallic compounds. See also other data sections of Chemistry resources.
- Dictionary of organometallic compounds. 1984. 3 vols and supplements.
- Reference collection 547.0503 D554
A major handbook of basic data and references on organometallic compounds. Includes names, formula, molecular weight, structure, use, toxicity, melting point, boiling point, and some spectroscopic data. Other data can be found through the references cited for each substance. Has a name index, formula index and CAS registry number index.
- Comprehensive organometallic chemistry: the synthesis, reactions and
structures of organometallic compounds. Ed. G. Wilkinson. Pergamon, 1982. 9 vols.
- Main collection 547.051 C737
A comprehensive treatise on organometallic chemistry.
Vols 1-6, arranged by element, survey in detail the organometallic chemistry of main group elements and transition metals.
Vols 7-8 review the use of organometallics in organic synthesis.
Vol 9 has subject, formula and author indexes, an index of structures determined by diffraction methods and an index of review articles on organometallic chemistry.
- Comprehensive organometallic chemistry II: a review of the literature, 1982-1994. Ed. E.W. Abel. Pergamon, 1995. 14 vols.
- Main collection 547.051 C737.2
This work is a supplement to the earlier work, updating the literature coverage to 1994. The volumes are:
1-9. Organometallic chemistry of individual elements
10. Heteronuclear metal-metal bonds
11-12. Main-group metal and transition metal organometallics in organic synthesis
13. Structure index: structures determined by diffraction methods
14. Formula and subject indexes.
- Gmelin Handbuch der anorganischen Chemie. 8th ed. 1929-1994
- Main collection 546 G569
Gmelin is a major source for organometallic compounds as well as inorganic compounds. Many of the organometallic volumes are in English. Each element has a set of volumes identified by a Gmelin system number and containing information on the element and its compounds including volumes on organometallic compounds. See Guide to Gmelin.
- Encyclopedia of inorganic chemistry. Ed. R.B. King. Wiley, 1994. 8 vols.
- Reference collection 546.03 K54e
Includes articles on organometallic chemistry. Useful for descriptions and reviews of concepts, techniques or classes of substance rather than specific substance data. Has extensive references to key review articles. Volume 1 has a contents list for all volumes. Volume 8 contains a subject index.
- Chemistry of the carbon - metal bond. Ed. F.R. Hartley. Wiley, 1982-89.
- Main collection 547.051 C517
Has subject and author indexes in each volume. The volumes are:
1. Structure, preparation, thermochemistry and characterization of organometallic compounds
2. Nature and cleavage of metal-carbon bonds
3. Carbon-carbon bond formation usinf organometallic compounds
4. The use of organometallic compounds in organic synthesis
5. Organometallic compounds in organic and biological syntheses.
- Synthetic methods of organometallic and inorganic chemistry. Ed. W.A. Hermann. Thieme, 1995-1997. 8 vols.
- Main Collection 547.051 H568s
Includes experimental procedures for the synthesis of organometallic and inorganic compounds commonly used in laboratories; properties such as solubility, IR and NMR spectra, melting point/boiling point; and selected references.
- Organometallic compounds: methods of synthesis, physical constants and chemical reactions. M. Dub. 2nd ed with supplements. Springer, 1966-68, 1972-75.
- Main collection 547.051 D813o
A collection of data from the literature to 1968 and covering synthesis, biological properties, physical properties (melting point, IR spectra, refractive index, density, reactions, uses) of organometallic compounds. Has a formula index.
- Organometallic reactions. Wiley, 1970-77. 6 vols.
- Main collection 547.051 B395o
Covers synthetic methods and reactions.
- 13C NMR data for organometallic compounds. B.E. Mann. Academic Press, 1981.
- Main collection 547.051 M281t
Contains a brief guide to the use of NMR for organometallic compounds and extensive tables of chemical shifts for compounds arranged by ligand then metal with references to the literature.
- Chemical analysis of organometallic compounds. T.R. Crompton. Academic Press, 1973-77. 5 vols.
- Main collection 547.051 C945c
Contains detailed analytical procedures for the determination of organometallic compounds. Each volume covers a Group of elements and has an author and subject index.
- Organometallic Hypertextbook, by Rob Toreki at ILPI (sponsored by Chemglass)
- Contains summaries of organometallic concepts.