Library Services for Postgraduate Students
All postgraduate students have access to the University of Adelaide Library's comprehensive range of online and print resources. In addition to the Barr Smith Library, there is also the Law Library and Elder Music Library on the North Terrace Campus, as well as the Roseworthy Campus Library and the Waite Library.
It is important to talk to your Research Librarian as early as possible; they can advise you on research matters and on the services and facilities offered by the Library, and will help you with preliminary work to define and refine your thesis topic.
Services and resources to support researchers
There is a vast range of Library resources and services to support your postgraduate research.
Your Research or Branch Librarian will tell you about some of the more important ones, such as:
- Effective use of Library Search to discover both online and print content from the Library's research collections
- Resource guides to online and print resources dealing with your topic
Library catalogues to search for material in collections interstate and overseas
- The Document delivery and interlibrary loans service
- Image & Copy Centre : they will print copies of your thesis efficiently and economically, including the acid-free archive copy
- Digital Theses - U of A digital theses specifications and more
- EndNote - software for managing your references