University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand
A reciprocal borrowing scheme for staff and students
- University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand is a national borrowing scheme that allows all staff and students of participating member universities to borrow in person from any other universities in Australia and New Zealand.
The University of Adelaide Library is a participant in the scheme.
Staff and students of the University of South Australia and Flinders University are automatically entitled to use the University of Adelaide Library; details are on our Reciprocal borrowing page.
You should ask in person for a Registration form during office hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) or registrations with credit card payment are accepted on weekends.
Students will be asked to present a photo ID as well as proof of current enrolment. This could be your enrolment advice form or other proof from your university.
Staff members will be asked to present a photo ID as well as proof of current employment with a university participating in the scheme.
Payment of $50.00 [includes GST] entitles students to borrow books from the Library for the current calendar year until 28 February of the following year. Membership is free for staff members. There is a charge of $11.00 [includes GST] for the replacement cost of a lost Library Card.
What can I borrow and how many?
- Registered members may borrow fifty items, including two language kits and two three hour Reserve items at a time.
- Minor variations may apply in the branch libraries.
The Library varies conditions of loan to meet the needs of particular groups of users, and to maximise the availability of resources.
An item on loan to you may be recalled if it is urgently required by another user. The loan period will be reduced to seven days and you will be notified of the new due date by email.
|Main collection books||10 weeks||Five|
|Reserve collection items||3 hours/overnight||One|
|Bound volumes of journals||One week
- You may access many of the Library's electronic resources on public access terminals. Off-campus access to electronic resources is not available.
- Requests for interlibrary loan and document delivery are not part of this scheme and should be made to the library of the university at which you study or work.
You may renew the loan of a book using MyLibrary on or before the due date.
A loan may not be renewed if another user is waiting for the book or if you have already renewed it for the maximum number of renewals allowed.
- Service Enquiries, Level 3, Barr Smith Library
- Telephone: 8313 5124
- Fax: 8313 4973
For more information about the scheme, please visit the CAUL website.