Membership of the library is automatic for University staff and students - your University ID card is also your library card.
- University Community
For University staff and students, your University ID card is also your library card.
Casual staff who are not covered by a current casual contract but are still supporting teaching and research activities should arrange IT visitor access through your school to maintain library access. If you are a casual staff member or visitor who has not been issued with a University ID card, please request a library card online.
Registered members of Alumni and development may apply for a fee paying borrowing membership for $55 per annum.
Services available to University Community members:
- Remote access to electronic resources (restrictions apply to Alumni)
- Inter library loan services
- On shelf retrieval
- Delivery of scanned articles from remote branches and store
- Bookings for 3 hour reserve items
- Reciprocal borrowing for staff and students at UniSA & Flinders (not available for Alumni)
PIRSA/SARDI staff must register for membership.
Retired staff with 10 or more years of service with the University may apply online for a membership that enables borrowing of books and other items. Applications should be made within the first year of retirement.
Reciprocal membership for staff and students of Flinders and University of South Australia is free. Please register for a borrowing card at Service Enquiries.
Fee paying memberships are available for:
- Community members
- Australian and New Zealand University staff and students
- Year 12 students
- Institutional borrowers
Please check the specific page for details of taking out a membership.
Please note that the following services are not available to non University members:
- borrowing of bound journals
- booking of three hour Reserve items
- remote electronic resource access
- general Internet access
- ability to log onto student PCs
- Inter Library Loans