Library services for University of Adelaide Alumni
University of Adelaide alumni membership provides access to a select range of online resources. Alumni can also choose to pay an annual fee and extend their membership to include borrowing.
In order to sign up for alumni membership you must first be registered with External Relations. Once you are registered you have two options: online resource membership (which is free) or online resource membership with borrowing rights (annual fee applies).
Choose your membership type:
- Online resources only (free)
Online resources only membership is free and provides University alumni with access to a large and growing selection of academic resources.
- Online resources and borrowing (annual fee)
The online resources with borrowing membership provides access to a large and growing selection of academic resources (over 20,000 online journals, magazines and newspapers, and over 12,000 eBooks and reports). You can also borrow up to 50 books at any time from the University Libraries' extensive collections. Learn more about borrowing.
Membership costs $55 (including GST) per year. The first year is free for new graduates registering within one year of graduation.
Which online books, journals and databases are included with alumni membership?
Alumni membership provides access to a selection of the University Libraries' range of online journals. Alumni members have access to over 20,000 online journals, magazines and newspapers, and over 12,000 eBooks. Please note that some of the journals have publisher-imposed embargo periods.
- Academic Search Alumni - covers 3000 journals in most areas of the sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Business Source Alumni - covers 6200 journals and 1,700 ebooks in marketing, management, accounting, finance, econometrics, economics and more.
- Annual Reviews - review articles in many areas of academic enquiry.
- CSIRO Journals - important Australian research reports in agriculture, biological and health sciences
- Oxford English Dictionary - the most authoritative and complete dictionary of the English language
- Oxford Journals Online - 200 high quality research journals covering a broad range of subjects
- PressDisplay - Cover-to-cover presentation online of the print versions of over 1100 newspapers from around the world. Backfile is 30 days.
- Project MUSE - over 300 top humanities and social sciences journals from US university presses.
- SourceOECD - includes everything published by the OECD (books, journals, series, working papers, databases) on subjects as diverse as general economy, statistics, agriculture, science, future studies and the environment.
- SpringerLINK - Springer is the second-largest journal publisher worldwide, with over 1200 journals and 3 million articles available.
- Taylor & Francis Journals - T&F are among the largest journal publishers in the world.
If the journal you would like to access is not listed above you may be able to access it by visiting the library in person - remote access to electronic journals and resources other than those listed above is not available.
For more information on alumni membership please contact Ask Library.