University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand
University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) is a national borrowing scheme that allows all staff and students of participating member universities to borrow in person from any other universities in Australia and New Zealand.
Staff and students of the University of South Australia and Flinders University are automatically entitled to use the University of Adelaide Library; details are on our reciprocal borrowing page.
How do I join?
ULANZ membership for students costs $50.00 (includes GST), and this entitles you to borrow books from the library for the current calendar year (until 28 February of the following year). In addition to photo ID you will be asked to present proof of current enrolment from your home university (such as your enrolment advice form).
ULANZ membership is free for staff. To join, you must be able to provide proof of current employment with a university participating in the scheme, as well as photo ID.
What does membership include?
- You can borrow up to fifty items, including two language kits and two three hour Reserve items at a time.
- Minor variations may apply in the branch libraries.
- An item on loan to you may be recalled if it is urgently required by another user. The loan period will be reduced to seven days and you will be notified of the new due date by email.
You may renew the loan of a book using MyLibrary on or before the due date (although you can't renew a book if another user is waiting for it or if you have already renewed it for the maximum number of renewals).
|Main collection books||10 weeks||Five|
|Reserve collection items||3 hours/overnight||One|
|Bound volumes of journals||One week||One|
- You may access many of the library's electronic resources on public access terminals. Off-campus access to electronic resources is not available.
- Requests for interlibrary loan and document delivery are not part of this scheme and should be made to the library of the university at which you study or work.
- There is a charge of $11.00 [includes GST] for the replacement cost of a lost library card. Card or cheque payments only are accepted.