Places to Study
- BSL levels 1 and 2 are quiet study areas with a variety of seating, including lounge areas on level 1 outside Special Collections and a lounge area on the northern end of level 2.
- The Reading Room on level 2 is the quietest area in the Barr Smith.
- Level 3 is a quiet discussion area.
- The Small Group Discovery Room on level 2 is open to student use when it is not booked. The room is located in the hallway that connects the northern and southern areas of the Library.
Note: The library is currently undergoing changes as part of the Library of the Future projects (so while the locations of the toilets aren't changing, some of the call number and service location information will be out of date). These maps are being updated, but in the meantime, please use the signage within the library for collection / call number locations. Ask Library team members are happy to provide directions and location information.
Computer suites can be found on levels 1, 2 and the mezzanine.
Follow you printing, using the student quota, is available on all Library printers.
Wireless access is available throughout the library. Please notify the library if you notice areas without wireless coverage.
Public Access Computers
Public access computers are available in all libraries. They provide access to most of the Library's licensed resources with some internet access restrictions.
Computer timeouts apply in the Barr Smith Library. Printing using Equitrac print copy cash card is only available from level 3. Saving to USB is available on all public access PCs.
- Bookable small and large audio visual rooms with DVD and videocassette players are on level 2. Contact Ask Library on 8313 5759 to make a booking.
- Need to recharge your mobile device? There is a recharging station on level 3 of the Barr Smith Library and at all branch libraries.
- Face-up book and microform scanners are available in the High Use area of the Barr Smith Library.