Places to Study
Each branch of the University Library has its own unique range of study spaces and facilities designed to suit the needs of students.
All branches are open to all University students and staff. Come in to study and explore! Each Library offers:
- Computers for University students to use (as well as some public access computers)
- Printing and photocopying.
- Quiet study spaces
- Friendly staff who can assist you with finding information for your assignments.
Barr Smith Library
- Level 3 is a quiet discussion area open 24 hours a day to all University students and staff. Level 3 is the only part of the Library open 24/7. While the High Use Collection is located on this level, it is only open during regular Library opening hours.
- Level 2 is a quiet study area.
- The beautiful Reading Room is on level 2 and is the quietest area in the Barr Smith.
- The Small Group Discovery Room on level 2 is open to student use when it is not booked.
- Individual study carrels are available throughout Level 2.
- Study zones are located outside the Reading Room and on Level 2 North.
- Level 1 is a quiet study area.
- Individual study carrels are located throughout Level 1.
- A study lounge area with larger desks is located outside Rare Books & Special Collections.
- Face-up book and microform scanners are available in the High Use area of the Barr Smith Library on Level 3.
- Bookable small and large audio visual rooms with DVD and videocassette players are on Level 2. Contact Ask Library to make a booking.
- Recharge your mobile device at the station on Level 3
Note: The library is currently undergoing changes as part of the Library of the Future projects (so while the locations of the toilets aren't changing, some of the call number and service location information will be out of date). These maps are being updated, but in the meantime, please use the signage within the library for collection / call number locations. Ask Library team members are happy to provide directions and location information.