Technical Services Unit (TSU)
The Technical Services Unit is physically located at the western end of the 4th floor of the Molecular Life Sciences building.
TSU is the result of the Central Services Unit (CSU) and School technical support staff combining forces to become a new technical support team.
TSU includes the combined skills of John Mackrill, Garry Penney, Sonia Elts, Chris Cursaro, Anita Lapina, Adrianna Formicella and Jessie Foster.
The following services are provided:
- cleaning and sterilisation of glassware and plastic ware
- autoclave sterilisation of solutions, media and equipment
- practical class cleanup assistance
- tissue culture, proteomics and microscopy support
- culture media and solutions supporting undergraduate teaching and common research
The purpose of this team is to:
- improve and sustain the quality of undergraduate students' practical class experience
- foster the skills of research students working throughout the labs
- assist in the correct use of balances and pH meters, centrifuges, microscopes, scanning and imaging equipment, etc
- assist with centrifugation techniques, antibody isolation, etc
- assist with cell line archival in Liquid Nitrogen, freezer maintenance and emergency freezer protocol, etc.
|John Mackrill||tissue culturing, antibodies, cell line mamangement||phone 34670
|Chris Cursaro||microscopy, centrifugation, mass spectrometry||phone 37521|
|Garry Penney||microbial and viral strains propagation and maintenance||phone 34871|
|Sonia Elts||drosophila, yeasts and fungi, PCR||phone 34871|
|Anita Lapina||media and buffer preparation and sterilisers||phone 35355|
|Adrianna Formichella||glassware, sterilisers, tissue culture waste||phone 35355|
|Jessie Foster||glassware washup and sterilisers||phone 35355|
Watch this space to find who to contact, current services and news about additional services etc.
- For information on costs and availability of TSU products, please contact Anita Lapina on +61 8 8313 5355.