An Honours degree in the School of Molecular & Biomedical Sciences at the University of Adelaide is the gateway to increased job opportunities, preferential entry to postgraduate degree courses and to a great range of rewarding careers in research.
Our teaching and research staff are international leaders in their fields of science. Join us for your Honours project and you will be a member of a research team using state of the art facilities and being educated with world class researchers in a contemporary learning environment.
For further infomation about Honours, please click on any of the below:
- Thinking about Honours?
- What is Involved?
- What is Honours Like?
- How will an Honours Course be Assessed?
- What Projects are Available?
- Honours Application Form
- Honours Scholarships
- Mid Year Honours in Genetics
There are a large number of Honours projects to choose from. To make it easier for your to browse these projects we have divided them up into Discipline areas. Just click on the links below or in the left hand toolbar to examine each Discipline and affiliated research groups. Keep in mind that additional research groups may be added as the year progresses.
To apply to study Honours in the School of Molecular & Biomedical Science, please go to the Faculty of Sciences' website, click on Honours Application Form and choose the appropriate form that relates to you:
The School of Molecular and Biomedical Science (SMBS) is pleased to announce the availability of Honours Research Scholarships in Molecular and Biomedical Science for 2013.
Scholarships of $2,000 will be awarded to Honours students, accepted as eligible and enrolled in SMBS for the 2013 Honours year. Payment will be made to SMBS Honours students enrolled beyond 1 April 2013*.
- Potential recipients must be enrolled full time in the 2013 SMBS Honours program at the University of Adelaide. The Scholarship must be taken up in the year 2013: acceptance of the scholarship cannot be deferred; no offers will be made beyond 2013 for for these Scholarships;
- *Mid year entrants may qualify and payment will be made after 1 September 2013;
- Students receiving Scholarships in 2013 from other sources will not be eligible for these Scholarships;
- Scholarships may be tax free; however students should consult the “Is your scholarship taxable?” tool on the ATO website to check the status of their scholarship.
Use the links provided in the left hand toolbar to find out more about an Honours degree in our School. If you need further information, or wish to discuss any aspects of a decision to do Honours, you can contact one of the Honours Coordinators:
|Biochemistry||Dr. Keith Shearwin
|Genetics||Dr Joan Kelly
|Microbiology, Immunology & Virology||Prof. Shaun McColl||8313 email@example.com|