The curriculum is based on the clear convergence and rapid development of technology platforms in biotechnology, and the maturing of the sector to span:
- research and
- development activities.
The program is experimental and exposes students to individual technology platforms as well as developing competitive laboratory and research skills. Students will also be exposed to:
- the many interlinked issues in contemporary biotechnology research,
- translation and development including compliance and regulatory issues,
- design-in/fail early-fail cheap strategies, and
- project management and team skill development and exploitation.
Course content will focus on biomedical research and applications particularly as they relate to Asian regional opportunities.
Understanding the main technology platforms
- cell culture/fermentation
Practical Laboratory Skills
- solid benchwork skills
- experimental planning and design
Understanding Compliance and Regulation
- ISO accreditation
- research vs downstream documentation requirements
- team skills
- communication and reporting
- analytical and problem solving