Students will in the first year of the program be required to complete five compulsory core courses as well as five elective courses. During the second year of the program students will conduct a laboratory based research project.
The coursework component of the program includes a well balance mix of core compulsory courses together with a rich selection of elective courses.
- Foundation skills (Research Communication),
- Foundation Skills (Research Design),
- Technology Platforms & Research,
- Advanced technology Platforms & Research Techniques.
- Entrepreneurship & Innnovation,
Three courses chosen from:
- Drug discovery & development
- Stem cells & advanced tissue culture
- Biomarkers, Detection & Diagnostics
- Molecular Microbiology & Vaccines
- Bioinformatics & systems modelling
- Research processes
- Technology management & Transfer
- Legal isues of the Commercialisation process
- Internationalisation of Technology
- Managing Risk
- Applcations of Plant Biotechnology in Health & Nutrition
Each student will be expected to complete a research project under direction of a scientific and industry mentor. The research project will include a business case development project, a research proposal, literature review, laboratory based independent research, thesis preparation, research seminar and viva.