Our Vision, Mission and Aims
Our vision is to enable men to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Our mission is to pursue innovative research programs, significantly improve health services, deliver evidence-based training programs, and disseminate the latest health information and education resources.
The Centre will pursue its vision and mission through a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to men's health that relies on strategic partnerships and cross disciplinary collaborations with a wide range of research, education, and service delivery organisations.
Our aims relate to research and practice. We already know a lot about how to improve men's health and so could improve our practices significantly based on existing knowledge. There are also many areas in which we need to know more to develop effective strategies to improve men's health.
- To build a critical mass of researchers and practitioners with an interest in various aspects of men's health
- To generate new knowledge relating to men's health and wellbeing
- To develop effective strategies for promoting and enabling positive health and wellbeing among men and boys
- To develop effective treatments for health conditions and diseases affecting men
- To improve the appropriate use of health services among men
- To improve the quality of interaction between health service providers and men
- To raise the public profile of men's health issues
- To influence government policies related to men's health including resource allocation decisions