Grade Centre - Add a Column
This guide outlines the Grade Centre area within MyUni where course instructors can create columns for grade marking, record keeping and weighting purposes. Grade Centre provides controls for showing, hiding, moving and freezing columns of grades as well as uploading and downloading grades to/from the system. Grade Centre column settings allows the instructor to release or withhold grades from their students.
Adding a Column
1. Under control panel scroll down and select Grade Centre then Full Grade Centre.
2. Select the left arrow to hide the course menu.
4. Provide names in the Column Name and Grade Center Display Name text boxes.
[Optional] Add column description in the Description text area (optional). Note there is a option to turn on or off the visual editor on this area.
5. Choose a primary display from the Primary Display dropdown menu. The display format you choose is the way grades must be entered when using the column. It is also the primary format that the column data will be displayed in.
[Optional] Choose a secondary display from the Secondary Display dropdown menu. The secondary display format you choose is the way grades will display in grade centre only.
[Optional] Choose a category from the category dropdown menu.
6. Define the points possible in the Points Possible text area.
Add Column Dates - Optional
[Optional] Assign a due date for the column by selecting the radio button option next to the Date text area. Enter a date in mm/dd/yyyy format into the Date text area.
The Options area has three important configurations that need to be defined. These are:
# Include this Column in Grade Centre Calculations - By choosing Yes for this option will include the score/s from the column in the calculated Grade Centre columns such as Total and Weighted.
# Show this Column to Students - Choosing Yes for this option will allow values entered in the column to be visible to the students through MyGrades.
# Show Statistics (average and median) for this column to Students in My Grades - Choosing Yes for this option will allow column statistics for the column to be visible to the students through MyGrades such as mean, median and mode.
10. Select the Yes or No radio button for each of the three options to configure the column.