Wiki - Create New
A Wiki is a collaboractive tool that allows students to contribute and modify one or more pages of Course-related materials.
1. Create a wiki
2. Set wiki options
3. Provide a name for the Wiki.
[Optional] Provide instructions for the Wiki.
This information is optional, but can help users understand expectations and any associated rules or requirements. Format the text and add images, links, multimedia, Mash-ups and attachments, using the functions in the Text Editor, as needed. Attachments added using the Text Editor can be launched in a new window and have alternative text added to describe the attachment.
4. Select No or Yes to make the Wiki available or not.
Wikis can be set to display on a specific date and at a specific time and to stop displaying on a specific date and at a specific time. Select the Display After and Display Until boxes in order to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect the content in the Wiki, only the appearance of the Wiki.
5. Select the Student Access option:
* Closed to Editing: Select when the Instructor will be the only one contributing pages or to disallow further page editing by students, such as when the Wiki pages are set to be graded.
* Open to Editing: Allows students to modify any Wiki page. In a Group Wiki, a user must be a member of the Group to edit a Wiki page.
At any time, the Student Access can be changed.
6. Enable grading of the Wiki: Select Grade and type the number of Points possible. Once a Wiki is set to be graded, a column will be created for it in the Grade Centre. It is permanently gradable and cannot be set to No grading.