Experts in women's health will this month present a free public information evening in Adelaide (Wednesday 16 May) to raise awareness of major health issues for women.
Specialists will discuss eight different health issues - such as contraception, infections, pregnancy and menopause - and members of the public will have the opportunity to ask questions.
The information evening is presented by the Adelaide Women's Health Centre , a new practice opened by the University of Adelaide on King William Road to provide quality medical care to women.
Topics and speakers:
- Introduction to Adelaide Women's Health Centre - Dr Jane Elliott
- What's new in contraception - Dr Meredith Frearson
- Planning for Pregnancy: Lifestyle issues that may help - Dr Lisa Bedson
- Myths about HRT and Menopause - Dr Jane Elliott
- Dating again? Talk to your GP about STI - Dr Tonia Mezzini
- All that Itches is Not Thrush - Dr Ann Olsson
- Botox for your Bladder - Professor Paul Duggan
- Chalk or cheese (Supplement or Dietary Calcium - is there a difference?) - Dr Devika Thomas
"The Adelaide Women's Health Centre brings together some of the most highly qualified reproductive health specialists in the State," says Dr Jane Elliott, Medical Director of the Adelaide Women's Health Centre.
"It's important to us that members of the public are given the most up-to-date information about a range of health issues they are likely to experience in their lifetimes.
"This free public information evening is aimed at any women - and their partners - who want to know what the issues are, what they can do about them, and how we can help," Dr Elliott says.
WHAT: Adelaide Women's Health Centre - Public Information Evening
WHERE: Queen Victoria Lecture Theatre, 1st Floor Queen Victoria Building, Women's and Children's Hospital, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide
WHEN: 7.00pm-9.00pm Wednesday 16 May 2012
COST: Admission is free - all welcome - no bookings necessary