The enrolment process means that you are officially a student of the University of Adelaide. If you haven't yet enrolled and are looking for more information, you can visit Getting Started and check back here later.
The Uni Year
There are two main periods of study during the year called semesters:
- Semester 1 2017 (week 1) starts on 27 February
- Semester 2 2017 (week 1) starts on 24 July
There are also Summer and Winter School study periods, which are optional. Students sometimes study subjects over Winter and Summer to lighten their load during semester or to finish their degree a bit earlier.
See the important University dates for both academic and critical dates.
There are three things that will stay with you during your study:
- Your Student Number
Your unique identification number for the University of Adelaide.
- Your Student ID Card
You can use the University of Adelaide Identity Card in the following ways:
- Identification on university campuses and at examinations
- Student concessions (full-time students only)
- A library card for borrowing
- Follow me printing and photocopying services
- An access card to University buildings
- Your Username and Password
Your password will expire every 360 days. You will receive a reminder email prior to expiry. Learn more