Pre-Departure and Arrival
You will have already Accepted your Offer of Admission to the University of Adelaide. Now it’s time to get ready to come to Australia! Here’s what you need to do and think about before you get here.
Before you arrive in Adelaide, make sure that you:
- Ensure that you have a valid passport and visa
- Finalise your travel arrangements so that you can arrive in time for Orientation (beginning February 15)
- Arrange your accommodation
- Book your airport pickup and temporary accommodation if necessary
- Arrange your Travellers' Cheques and/or cash (NB we recommend that students bring a minimum of AUD$100 for on-arrival expenses and no more than AUD$5,000)
- Photocopy or scan ALL of your documents and your passport, visa, Travellers' Cheques, bank drafts, and any return air tickets - keep these separate from the originals AND leave a set safely at home!
Once you arrive in Adelaide, make sure that you:
- Contact home – your friends and family will want to hear that you have arrived safely!
- Plan your public transportation route to and from the University
- Set up a bank account
- Get a mobile phone and / or SIM card
- Visit the international student Welcome Centre in Hub Central Level 4 on the North Terrace Campus. The Welcome Centre is open Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 February 2017 from 9am to 3pm.