Client Attorney General's Department, Government of SA
Dates June 2013 - November 2013
Location North Terrace Campus
- Program Overview
The design and content of the MOMENTUM program was the culmination of a team of people both academic and professional from both the Attorney General's Department and the University, focused on building the skills required by the department's future senior leaders. The guiding principle in designing the program was simple; how will everything we expose the participants to help to deliver achievement orientated, change-ready managers, while making a positive contribution to a high performance culture in the Attorney-General's Department?
The program was specifically designed to build on the existing knowledge of managers and support them to achieve the Leadership Competencies identified by the department. Through exposure to a range of ideas, thinking and experiences participants of the program were challenged to expand their personal and professional skills and broaden their perspectives.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Understanding of and link to the organisation's vision, strategic direction and goals and expectations within their role
- Increased understanding of self
- Identification of critical skills in management
- Understanding of the behavioural, paradoxical and interrelated nature of management skills
- Explore the model and behaviours relating to the concept of Emotional Intelligence
- Program Structure
Delivered over 6 months, the program included a diverse range of activities:
- Interactive seminars and workshops
- Personal profiling tools and questionnaires
- Group coaching
- Action learning group projects
- Self reflection
The program was structured with three intensives modules linked together with group coaching and project work. Participants were required to submit an individual report and present a group project, which formed the basis of their assessment.
- Who Attends
MOMENTUM was specifically designed for 20 middle managers of the Attorney General's Department within the Government of South Australia.
- Presenter & Facilitator
The MOMENTUM Program drew on a number of Executive Education resources to deliver a diverse and comprehensive program, and provide an interactive environment. It included: