Effective Change Management
- Course Overview
As the pace of change in corporate Australia accelerates, effective change agents are increasingly sought-after. Organisations rely on people who can lead and inspire others to implement initiatives smoothly and successfully.
Change management is an essential skill for anyone in a management role. Being a strong and effective leader means being an effective change agent.
This two-day management development workshop will explore change from three interrelated perspectives:
- The individual - how and why people respond or react to change.
- The organisation – how change initiatives are formulated and implemented within the organisation in response to strategic objectives and environmental influences.
- The change agent and their role in organisations. This includes assessment of the kind of change that is happening and what skills are needed to lead or facilitate change.
The focus will be on the key skills involved in managing change. These skills revolve around communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, team skills, networking and process skills.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Understand trends and developments in the field of change management
- To explore why the textbook guidelines for managing change are so difficult to apply in practice, and what to do about it
- Identify attributes of the effective change agent and invite participants to consider the strengths and limitations of their own change leadership expertise
- Consider tactics for dealing with organisational politics, which can become more significant in the context of change
- Apply methods, techniques and ideas to specific change projects in which participants may be currently involved
- Program Structure
This program is typically delivered over two consecutive days during business hours.
The workshop will be practical, informal and participative, providing a rich, stimulating learning experience. Lois Whittall's interactive teaching style uses a variety of methods to involve participants, including lecture input, diagnostic and self-assessment, group work and case studies.
- Who Attends
This training course is designed for managers, team leaders, professionals and others who are, or may become, responsible for leading, driving and implementing organisational changes, projects, initiatives or programs. The key tools, techniques and concepts have application for both large and small change initiatives.
- Presenter & Facilitator
- Benefits for Your Organisation
You will gain insights into the reasons why people resist change and you will learn how to apply simple, but powerful interpersonal influencing techniques to overcome that resistance. You will acquire confidence in your ability to manage change constructively to achieve your organisations desired performance outcomes.
In short, this course will help you become a better, more highly skilled and resourceful change agent.