- Course Overview
Structured to offer a balance of strategic and operational considerations, Contract Management will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills required to effectively deliver contract outcomes while minimising contract risk exposure.
It will outline the tools, techniques and principles of a systematic approach to the contract management process, allowing you to efficiently and consistently achieve objectives.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Develop your understanding of the key principles of contract management
- Critically evaluate various contract management approaches to find the most applicable to your organisation
- Have the knowledge to manage disputes, underperforming suppliers, variations and premature terminations
- To design a comprehensive Contract Management Plan to manage stakeholders' expectations, allocate resources, mitigate risks and ensure transparent relationships
Please note the course does not aim to provide a comprehensive coverage of contract law. It will address the basic concepts only. If you are after a detailed understanding on Contract Law please see our Business Law for Managers program.
- Program Structure
This program is typically delivered over two consecutive days during business hours.
This hands-on program offers a stimulating learning experience. It will be highly interactive, with plenty of opportunity and encouragement for participants to advance their opinions and ideas in a supportive environment. The presenter will adopt a proven theory-application-discussion model of learning, supported by the use of case studies, practical exercises and group discussions. You will also receive a set of checklists, templates and detailed notes, designed to provide ongoing contract-management assistance.
- Who Attends
This program is recommended for all managers, team leaders, supervisors and professionals involved in any phase of procurement, contract management or administration, who are:
- Responsible for the achievement of contractual outcomes
- Accountable for mitigating contract risks
- Looking for practical tools to help manage contracts and present their results efficiently and effectively
The program will appeal to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Presenter & Facilitator
- Benefits for Your Organisation
Contract management is a skill required by managers in both the private and public sectors. Many organisations increasingly rely on the use of external parties to deliver critically important outcomes to their organisations.
Formulating business needs, selecting providers, negotiating contracts and the subsequent managing of those contracts, demands detailed understanding and astute risk-minimisation skills. Contract failures can be time consuming, disruptive and very costly.
This program aims to provide managers and staff involved in negotiating and managing contracts with a better understanding of contractual processes and issues. It will supply specific hands-on tools and techniques to help prevent common contract management risks.