Project Management - Essential skills for managers
- Course Overview
Essential skills for managers
Effective managers recognise the value of well-developed project management skills. They understand that these skills assist them to execute decisions on time, on budget and in line with specific performance targets.
Today's managers are required to take on vast spheres of responsibility, demanding a comprehensive knowledge and skill base. Whatever your background or industry, if you are in a management role, then you need to be an effective project manager.
This applies irrespective of the size or budget of the project, or the context in which it's undertaken.
This timely and relevant two-day program will show you how.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your own, and your organisations, project management capability
- Perform accurate in-depth project feasibility and scope analysis
- Assess and discern between projects to achieve maximum organisational value and minimise risk
- Identify the key elements of a Project Plan, including project definition, objectives, budgets and time schedules
- Understand "Critical Path Method" of project planning, flow and control, and other project frameworks
- Show you how to break a project down into manageable parts and processes, from initial concept right through to final handover
- Map a project's lifecycle
- Develop the most effective management structures for the maintenance of project control
- Manage small, large and multiple projects concurrently
- Monitor a project's progress and success
- Lead and managing project teams
- Program Structure
This program is typically delivered over two consecutive days during business hours.
This program will provide you with a stimulating, hands-on learning experience, imparting valuable skills and knowledge with immediate application.
The presenter will employ a highly interactive teaching style designed to involve each participant and reinforce key concepts. Sessions will follow a proven theory-application-discussion model of learning, and the learning environment will be supportive at all times. You will also be given ample opportunity to contribute your own ideas and experience.
- Who Attends
This program is ideally suited to any manager, professional or team leader who is:
- Responsible for the efficient management of business projects and the resources they involve - human, physical and financial.
- Accountable for achieving results within specified time, budget and quality limits.
- Seeking a better understanding of the project management process.
The program will appeal equally to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Presenter & Facilitator
Alina Lebed G Cert Ed, Dip Management & Intl Trade
- Benefits for Your Organisation
Structured to offer a careful balance of strategic and operational considerations, Project Management will equip you with the essential knowledge and skills required for effective project management.
It will outline the tools, techniques and principles of a systematic approach to the project management process, allowing you to methodically, efficiently and consistently achieve your objectives.