Dates Please contact us to register your interest
Location North Terrace Campus
- Course Overview
Essential skills for managers
It is becoming increasingly important for people within organisations, from team leaders up to general managers, to adopt a strategic mindset in order to maintain a competitive advantage.
A sustainable competitive edge comes through a combination of:
- Creating superior customer value
- Creating superior value for shareholders
- Disciplined and passionate execution of the strategy
- The ability to innovate strategically
Strategic Management will equip you with the tools and frameworks for innovative strategic thinking, enhancing your leadership ability and allowing you to contribute with increased confidence and credibility on big-picture issues.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Gain a solid understanding of strategy and how to apply it successfully in your organisation
- Enhance strategic thinking skills
- Analyse and respond to the forces that drive the future performance of your organisation
- Manage the strategic planning process
- Conduct an analysis of the macro environment, industry sector, customers and competitors and develop appropriate strategic responses
- Manage an analysis of the strategic skills and resources within your organisation and apply this knowledge effectively in strategic planning
- Develop strategic alternatives and select the best options for implementation
- Understand the connection between operational planning and strategic planning and be able to link these plans effectively
- Program Structure
This program is typically delivered over two consecutive days during business hours.
The workshop will deal with issues of strategy, which are relevant to participants. The approach used is highly interactive. Participants will be encouraged to contribute their ideas in order to facilitate a practical learning experience for all. Many examples will be given to illustrate effective and ineffective strategic management practice. Case studies will be used to highlight core principles of strategy, but participants will also be asked to analyse their own organisations as case studies to demonstrate these principles.
- Who Attends
This program is intended for middle, senior or general managers who are expected to think strategically. You may be in the resource, manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing, services or professional services sectors.
If you or your team would benefit from an opportunity to advance your strategic thinking, then this is the program for you.
- Presenter & Facilitator
- Benefits for Your Organisation
Jack Welch, former General Electric CEO, said that the ability to define the Business Strategy succinctly is a key competency required of leaders. General Electric's leadership is renowned for the disciplined execution of its strategies. Companies need a gene pool of leaders who can think strategically.