12 December 2012
From this date you will be able to create a new application in RGMS. This assigns a unique Application ID number, and you will be able to enter information and generate snapshot reports.
6 February 2013
By this date applications must be received by the Research Branch in order to undergo a comprehensive review and eligibility/compliance check. Applications received after this date will be checked as time permits.
|NHMRC External Deadline:||
13 February 2013
At 4:30pm ACDT on this date application submission closes on RGMS
University takes seriously the responsibility for the content of all applications that we endorse and submit, and will not authorise submission of any application that has not been checked by the Research Branch well in advance of the NHMRC external deadline.
Applicants must prepare their applications via RGMS at https://www.rgms.nhmrc.gov.au.
University of Adelaide process for submission
- By the Internal Deadline, finish writing your application and Certify the application in RGMS in order for the RB to review it. Certification is now a 1-step process, rather than the previously extensive 2-step process (see the RGMS User Guide available for download from the RGMS Library). The status of the application will read “Submitted to RAO”, and it will be locked for editing. Please do not start this process of certifying and submitting to RAO if work still needs to be done on the application. Certification should be completed once you are satisfied that the application is actually ready for submission to the NHMRC. You will also need to send the following hard copy documents to the RB (Level 7, 115 Grenfell Street):
- Application Coversheet, signed by CIA and Head of School. This form confirms responsibility, viability and support of the application.
- All 3 RGMS snapshots (Application_Details.doc, Assessor.doc and Summary.doc)
- Proposed Research PDF
- RB staff will read through the application (provided you have met the relevant deadlines), and will email comments relating to sections you may wish to amend. Note that the NHMRC have recently advised they will now be taking a more hardline approach to CI eligibility and rejection of applications due to non-compliant document formatting. RB therefore recommend that you consider all feedback provided and give us enough time to read your application carefully.
- If necessary, RB will unlock the application in RGMS to allow you to make updates.
- Once you have finished making the suggested updates, you must re-certify so the status reads “Submitted to RAO”. Please save all updated snapshot reports, PDFs and supplementary files and email them to email@example.com. Kindly ensure the subject of the email includes the Application ID, your surname, the scheme and the words “UPDATED VERSION”
eg. Subject: APP1234567 Smith Research Fellowship UPDATED VERSION
You do not need to bring updated hard copies or an Application Coversheet if you have already done so once before, the email will be sufficient. Arrival of the email (not re-certification on RGMS) will trigger the completion of submission.
- RB staff will again check your application (provided we have enough time to do so before the external deadline).
- If everything is complete and correct, we will undertake the final RAO endorsement and submit the application to the NHMRC. The status will then read "Submitted to NHMRC".
For Funding Rules and Advice and Instructions to Applicants, visit:
Prior to preparation of a Fellowship application, please ensure you read all the relevant reference material.
Details on how to apply for RGMS access available from NHMRC website:
Clinical & Affiliate Title Holders:
Full applications should be submitted through your Institution's Research Secretariat.