The Centre's activities focus on cultural, linguistic and racial pluralism from a dual perspective:
related to Australia's international links with our Asian and Pacific neighbours and the countries of our cultural heritage in Europe and elsewhere.
concerned with the cultural and linguistic diversity within Australian society.
The Centre's range of activities includes:
- research into cultures and languages other than English
- identification of needs and support services for international non-English speaking background students
- fostering recognition of overseas professional qualifications
- promoting awareness of international trends in educational structures and standards
- developing culturally inclusive curricula at school and university level
- encouraging the participation of people of all cultural backgrounds in the understanding of global issues
- providing information on different cultures and social structures to government departments and instrumentalities, professional and business people.