Guide to the University of Adelaide Archives
About the records
|Title||Records of University of Adelaide Archives|
|Creator||University of Adelaide (1874 - )|
|Repository||University of Adelaide Archives|
|Abstract||The University collection dates from the founding of the University Association in 1872. It contains records of Council, committees, Elder Conservatorium, students and staff and a vast collection of images. It also includes records of affiliated institutions and many staff and student clubs.|
- The collection is comprised of records from 960 accessions. The codes used to uniquely identify each accession range from 1984/0001 to 2013/0959.
- The records have been allocated to 1,581 series. The codes used to uniquely identify each series range from 0001 to 1581.
- Through the processing of the records, 825 provenance entities were identified. The codes used to uniquely identify each provenance entity, i.e. records creator or custodian, range from UAR0001 to UAr0826.
- The inventory covers 51,479 items, and may include records of continuing value, records sentenced for destruction and records that have been destroyed. The codes used to uniquely identify each inventory item range from 000100001 to 980000040. The total collection occupies 80,478 linear cm of shelf space (or its equivalent).
- The documentation of the records at inventory level started on 14 February 2000. The latest additions were made on 28 October 2013. The latest modifications were made on 30 October 2013. This collection profile was updated on 6 November 2013.
Published by the University of Adelaide Archives on University of Adelaide Archives Web Site, 2003
Listed by University of Adelaide Archives
HTML edition University of Adelaide Archives
Updated 6 November 2013
The template for this finding aid is part of the Heritage Documentation Management System
[ Top of Page | Home | Series | Provenance | Index ]