Research Project Management
A new web-based system, process re-design and workflow for all pre and post-award grants practices at the University. As a result, providing an improved end-to-end picture of research project management activities.
Research Project Management (Grants Project) includes:
- An upgrade of the current Research Administration System ResearchMaster 5 (RME5) to ResearchMaster 6 (RME6)
- Changes to current processes and workflow in relation to pre and post award grant practices
- PurposeWhy are we doing this?
The purpose of the project is to upgrade the University’s Research Management system and re-engineer pre and post-award grants processes, with the objective of moving to an end-to-end online solution that will improve tracking and reporting capability and better support our academics.
- Reduction in time spent completing, submitting, processing and distributing grant application
- Increased access to grant/project data for the purposes of effectively monitoring grant/project progress
- Efficiencies in workflow and approval process
- Improved grant/project data integrity, and increased data visibility, for internal management reporting requirements
- Reduced risk of returning funds to sponsor through increased efficiencies in monitoring project milestones.
- Auto-population of data and validation on entry will reduce the risk of poor data quality and the risk of rework being required.
- Increased data capture will allow improved analysis - efforts can be directed where they deliver the most value. All feedback and outcomes about an application are recorded in the one place.
- Capturing all data for the entire pre and post-award life-cycle will provide a visibility of the pipeline and allow enhanced resource allocation and decision-making.
- Researchers can easily find the right form; can't use old version.
- Administration tasks reduced (e.g. dealing with paper forms, scanning, filing, copying etc.) allowing staff to work on more value-add activities.
- ParticularsWhat is changing?
Research Project Management involves moving towards a more online process for all pre and post-award grant processes including:
- Applications (including updates to the current online form and processes)
- Upgrade of the current ResearchMaster system including migration of all current grant data (10,000 records) - Complete
- Online forms and workflow for:
- Annual Reporting - In Progress
- Streamline and re-engineering of pre and post-award grant processes
- Integration with other institutional systems (i.e. ORBIT, DataConnect, Aurora, PeopleSoft Finance)
- PeopleWho is impacted?
- Investigators (Researchers)
- Executive Deans
- Head of School (HoS)
- School Managers
- Associate Deans Research (ADR)
- Higher Degree by Research Students
- Research Services
- Research Accounting
- Faculty / School Research Development and Grants Staff
- University Institutes and Centres
- Adelaide Graduate Centre
- Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research)
- Internal interested parties
- External interested parties
If you have any questions about the these changes please direct them to a member of the Project Team via Contact Us.