Short Paper Review Criteria
A short paper will be 1500 to 2000 words (excluding references) for both the research stream and practice stream and:
- uses, adapts, connects together or critiques one or more of the MELT frameworks. [hyperlink to the scroll bar]
- specifies the practice or theory gap
- draws on and synthesises an appropriate literature base that is broader than just the RSD literature
- methods/methodology for research or approach for practice is well reasoned
- for posters or presentations, work in progress or results/outcomes are presented in ways that fit the data or information*
- for workshops, there is a clear sense of the activities the audience will engage in
- communicative and succinct document
- consistently uses one citing/referencing format
* Qualitative, quantitative and mixed-methods data are welcome, and typical standards for each type of data should be adhered to. Outcomes of practice may, for example, use a blend of student evaluation data and research vignettes or stories.
If you would like some advice for your research, see Supporting your Research.