The SA Epigenetics Facility currently offers the following services:
- Highly reproducible quantification of methylation frequencies for consecutive CpG sites.
- Determine gene-specific or global methylation levels.
- Inbuilt internal control for adequacy of bisulfite treatment.
- Sensitive to less than 10% methylation.
- Quantitatively measure allele frequencies of mixed genotypes in a heterogeneous sample.
- Accurately determine genotype/SNPs.
- Sequence surrounding SNP position serves as an internal control.