Level 13, 115 Grenfell Street
The University of Adelaide
Phone: +61 8 8303 5666
Facsimile: +61 8 8303 4353
Why work at the University of Adelaide?
- The University of Adelaide's research is at the leading edge of knowledge, with research earnings consistently the highest per capita of any university
in Australia. Analysis of the impact of publications and citations also shows that the University of Adelaide is ranked in the top 1% in the world in 11 research fields.
- Shaping, recognising, and responding to community needs and expectations is an important part of the University of Adelaide's research activities, and teaching staff are encouraged to foster the creation of new knowledge and prepare students to impact positively at local, national and international levels.
- The University of Adelaide provides a learning environment in which the teachers are also active researchers - among the best in their fields. In this environment, collaborative and co-operative teaching across disciplines is strongly encouraged.
- Modern teaching facilities such as state-of-the-art laboratories, worldwide database access, online teaching tools and a campus-wide wireless network provide a vibrant intellectual environment that staff and students find stimulating.
- The University community has a strong commitment to the highest intellectual and ethical standards in teaching and learning, research and research training.
- We are vigorous in support of social justice, equality of opportunity and cultural diversity, and the University seeks to implement these values in the conduct of all our professional activities and relationships.
- The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity principles are embedded in our recruitment and selection processes, and promotion and reclassification policy.
- There are also opportunities for promotion and reclassification, especially for staff whose performance demonstrates particular merit in teaching (and related duties) including supervision, research, creative and professional activity, administration, community services and leadership in the University.
- At the heart of the University of Adelaide's vision, achievement and impact is our commitment to excellence, our sense that a focus on the experience of the student is fundamental, and our belief that research intensity and innovative, high quality teaching have a symbiotic relationship that underpins and characterises the finest universities in the world.