The University of Adelaide holds presentation ceremonies in April and September in Bonython Hall, North Terrace Campus.
Students who have elected to attend a ceremony in Adelaide will be notified of their ceremony allocation via Access Adelaide.
Graduates will be allocated two (2) tickets for guests to attend their graduation ceremony. Arrangements for guest ticket collection will be advised when graduates are sent their confirmation in Access Adelaide. Once you have received your initial allocation you may submit a request for additional tickets using Access Adelaide.
Please note that due to limited space in Bonython Hall additional tickets are not guaranteed. Guests without tickets are welcome to view a live stream of the ceremony in Hub Central.
Collecting Your Tickets
Tickets are now available for collection online via the online portal. Please log in using your student ID without the 'a' to access your guest tickets.
Please note that tickets will not be posted to students under any circumstances.
All graduates attending the ceremony are required to wear the appropriate academic attire - gown with a hood and mortar board or bonnet. As your graduation is a formal event, we recommend wearing business attire under your gown and comfortable shoes.
Academic Dress Hire
Academic dress can be hired from GFP Graduations. Students are encouraged to obtain their academic dress from GFP Graduations who are the Universities preferred supplier.
Hire of academic dress for all students attending a Graduation Presentation Ceremony in Adelaide is provided by GFP Group.Please visit GFP Gowning and follow the 3 easy Steps to order and pay for your academic dress hire (payable by VISA and Master Card only). If you are unable to pay by credit card please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 360 445.
Gowns hired from GFP Graduations can be collected from the Harry Medlin Rooms on level 4, Union Building. See the North Terrace campus map for directions.
If you have a morning ceremony, you will need to collect your gown between 1pm and 5pm on the day BEFORE your ceremony.
If you have an afternoon ceremony you will need to collect your gown between 8am and 12noon on the DAY of your ceremony.
GFP has been contracted to provide a complete record of each ceremony, as well as a portrait photographic service for graduates. Please visit the GFP website for further details.
Please note: You may pre-order your University of Adelaide graduation photographs.
25A King William Road,
Unley SA 5061
Ph: 1300 360 445
GFP's Deluxe Proofing Service is a great way to see all of your images online. You get to choose which images you like the best and mix and match them into a package that suits you.
GFP will notify you of your secure login by email and sms and you simply go online to view and order prints. You can share your login, so your family and friends can see the photos and can choose to purchase copies too.
There is a small fee associated with providing this service, generally $40, which is payable on the day.
Once your order is placed, GFP will send it to you within 10 business days
R & J Framing have been contracted by the University to provide certificate framing services after the Adelaide ceremonies.
R & J Framing
1125 Skipton Road
Lismore Victoria 3324
Ph: (03) 5596 3503
Mobile: 0407 501 246
Corporate Awards have been contracted by the University to provide certificate plaques after the Adelaide ceremonies.
Contact: Darren Rutherford - 8326 0800
You are required to be assembled for a pre-ceremony briefing no later than 75 minutes prior to the start of your ceremony. Please be punctual and ensure that you are wearing the appropriate academic dress.
At the Briefing:
- When you arrive, marshalls will direct you to the seating charts to find your seat.
- Once you have found your seat number, you must enter the briefing room.
- On your seat you will find a copy of the Australian Graduate Survey. The survey should only take 15 minutes to complete.
- After the surveys have been collected the briefing will start. It is important that you pay close attention during the briefing as it includes information about how you will be presented on stage.
During the Ceremony:
If you are Seated on Stage:
- A marshall will ask you to stand and take up your position on the mark in the centre of the stage.
- When your thesis title and name are announced walk towards the Chancellor and shake hands. If you do not wish to shake the Chancellor's hand please keep your hands by your side and nod.
- Receive your testamur(s); and
- Return to your seat on stage.
If you are Seated in the Body of the Bonython Hall:
- A marshall will direct you to the stage door.
- Take up your position on the mark in the centre of the stage.
- When your name is announced walk towards the Chancellor and stop to shake hands. If you do not wish to shake the Chancellor's hand please keep your hands by your side and nod.
- Walk to the certificate table by the western stage door to collect your parchment; and
- Exit the stage through the Western door and return to your seat. There will be ushers to direct you back to your seat.
Once the ceremony has concluded the stage party and VIP guests will leave the hall. Marshalls will direct Graduates to leave the hall.