Am I eligible?
If you wish to participate in an exchange, you must meet these minimum criteria:
- I will have at least 24 units' (one year, full time) worth of grades showing on my transcript of a degree at University of Adelaide by the time I want to go on exchange
- Most of our partner institutions will require two semesters' results (24 units), and some require results for four semesters (48 units). Students who are studying part-time are eligible to apply provided they have completed 24 units.
- Your results must be showing on your transcript in time for them to be sent to the host institution with your application, the semester before you depart (so you need to have completed the 24 units the semester prior to this). This means that for most students an exchange would take place during their fourth and or fifth semester/s.
- I have at least a credit average overall (65%)
- The minimum academic requirement is an overall grade average of 65%. This does not mean that every course result must be above 65, but the average must be at least 65. Some partner institutions require a higher average (eg 75%).
- Previous programs that have since been discontinued are not necessarily considered in this calculation.
- I have been enrolled as a University of Adelaide student for the last two semesters (not cross-institutional)
- If I have already participated in an exchange through Global Learning (previously Adelaide Abroad), I have/will have completed at least one semester of study back at Adelaide before departing on this exchange
Some exchange programs are open to postgraduate and undergraduate students from all faculties, while others are limited to specific discipline or faculty areas. International students are encouraged to apply, but are not permitted to exchange to a partner institution in their home country. Students at Bradford College will only be eligible to participate in their 5th and 6th semester of study.
See this General Information Guide for further information on eligibility.