Build a solid career
- We have the widest number of architecture and built environment degrees in South Australia.
- Industry experts teach our courses, ensuring you learn from people with practical industry experience and graduate with the skills and experience required by industry.
- Hear and learn from the best – we attract local, national and international experts in their field to speak at our monthly architecture speaker series.
Study your career passion
- Internationally recognised degrees from a university ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide.1
- Gain professional experience in your field through an Arts Internship.
- Customise your degree with multiple study areas and enhance your career options.
Give your career options
- The highest ranked Business School in South Australia and the only one whose programs are accredited by the World Renowned Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This makes the school part of an elite group of only 5% of business schools worldwide accredited through AACSB.
- Creating career ready graduates is our top priority. Students are given opportunities such as career readiness workshops, overseas study programs and internships with local, national and international organisations.
- The only South Australian university with a dedicated School of Economics which includes our Bachelor of Economics and our highly competitive Bachelor of Economics Advanced.
Connect your future career
Computer Science Degrees
- We have highly sought-after graduates who gain internships and employment at top technology companies including Google, Microsoft and Atlassian.
- Computer Science at the University has been developed in consultation with industry leaders and is continually enhanced to meet the growing demand for graduates in Australia and around the world.
- Ranked in the top 150 Academic Ranking of World Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Science2 - the only South Australian University to make this list.
Dentistry and Oral Health
Examine a new career
Dentistry and Oral Health Degrees
- Study at Australia's best dental school. Adelaide Dental school is ranked 1st in Australia and number 39 in the world.3
- Practice in one of Australia’s most advanced dental simulation laboratories. Dental students spend more than 550 hours in the simulation clinic, and oral health students over 330 hours.
- Improve the quality of life of disadvantaged people in Adelaide with the Community Outreach Dental Program.
Engineer the career you want
- Connecting our students to industry employers at our Ingenuity expo - the largest university engineering showcase in South Australia.
- Take advantage of the largest 3D printer of its kind in SA, use our new PC lab and prototyping spaces to test ideas in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide for engineering4, our students learn with the best global academic leaders.
Build a healthy career
Health and Medical Sciences Degrees
- Develop relevant and transferable skills suited to multiple careers in health.
- Flexible degrees offer a choice of seven majors from areas across health and medical sciences.
- Global study opportunities provide an increased awareness of world health issues.
Broaden your career
- Study a language at your level of expertise – from beginners to advanced.
- Complement your existing University of Adelaide degree with the Diploma of Languages.
- Study abroad with over 100 institutions around the world.
Build a case for your career
- Australia’s second oldest law school with a well established reputation in the profession for top quality graduates and research. Students are taught by leaders in their field and award-winning lecturers.
- We create job-ready lawyers. Students gain practical advocacy experience through mooting competitions and our free legal advice clinics. Our Clinical Legal Education Programs enable students to work in community legal services under the supervision of qualified legal practitioners, and receive credit toward their degree and enhancing their career readiness.
- Practical legal training (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) is offered by the Adelaide Law School as optional extension to your degree, giving you a greater flexibility of choice.
Calculate a career choice
Maths Science Degrees
- Mathematical Sciences graduates are sought after by a wide range of employers in diverse areas such as finance, cyber security, health and data science, as well as fundamental research.
- Our supportive and empowering environment has achieved outstanding results for students including the 2015 Rhodes Scholar for South Australia.
- Recognised as ‘above’ or ‘well above’ world standard by the Australian Research Council’s 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation.
A creative career
- Specialise in Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design, Photography, Game Art, Computer-Generated Imagery and Visual Effects.
- Gain industry experience that counts towards your degree with the course Media Industry Placement.
- Choose from 3 double degree options.
Medicine and Nursing
Maximise your career potential
Medicine and Nursing Degrees
- Gain practical and hands-on experience with a diverse range of clinical placements.
- Study in the new state-of-the-art Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building alongside future medical and nursing colleagues.
- Experience world-class simulation facilities and develop skills in a safe and supported environment.
Develop a sound career
- South Australia’s home of music education.
- Join the largest community of musicians in South Australia and learn from academic staff of international distinction.
- Join masterclasses and visiting international artists through the Sia Furler Institute of Contemporary Music and Media.
Open your mind to your future career
- Gain an insight into human behaviour and develop knowledge and skills adaptable to any career.
- Design your own degree. Choose from over 30 majors available.
- Jump the queue with an Adelaide Approved ATAR of 80 in the Bachelor of Psychological Science
Science and Agriculture
Cultivate a career
Science and Ag Degrees
- Top 150 in the world and best in SA for Science.5
- Number 1 in graduate starting salary and graduate satisfaction in South Australia.6
- STEM graduate salaries are almost 30% more than any other field.7
Drive change with your career
Social Science Degrees
- Gain professional experience through specialised internships that count towards your degree.
- Shape our collective future with applied research skills.
- Tackle real issues in a globalised world.
Nurture your career
- South Australia’s only teaching degree where you can graduate ready to teach.
- Graduate with two degrees from Arts, Science, Mathematical and Computer Science or Economics.
- Start professional experience in the classroom in your first year.
1 2016/2017 Timer Higher Education world university rankings
2 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016
3 Academic Ranking of World Universities of Academic Subjects 2017
4 Times Higher Education Engineering and Technology Ranking 2015-16
5 QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
6 Good Universities Guide 2016 and QILT 2017 Science & Mathematics
7 Korn Ferry Hay Group 2016