If you have successfully completed a TAFE or VET qualification you may be able to count that towards studying with us.
For students that have studied at either TAFE SA or other Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) most Certificate IV Courses (including former Advanced Certificates or equivalent) meet the minimum entry requirements for a wide range of our undergraduate degrees. In some instances a successfully completed Diploma or Advanced Diploma will be required to meet the minimum entry requirements.
Please note, prerequisites (or their equivalents) must also be met. In some cases a completed TAFE/VET qualification will cover the equivalent content to a prescribed prerequisite. You are advised to contact us to seek further advice prior to applying.
TAFE SA Credit Pathways
For students that have studied at TAFE SA there are four ways in which your qualifications could count towards a University of Adelaide degree:
Example credit agreement
A completed Diploma of Graphic Design may award you 24 units of credit towards a Bachelor of Media (equivalent to one year of study).
Find out more about articulated credit agreements.
Guaranteed admission Guaranteed entry and credit towards a specific degree for completed TAFE SA qualification
- Student applies for TAFE SA (via SATAC).
- Student applies for the University of Adelaide (via SATAC) and will be given a guaranteed offer based on their completion of their TAFE qualification.
- Student can apply for credit for their completed qualification. This is usually as per an agreement.
Example guaranteed admission arrangement
A completed Diploma of Conservation and Land Management will award you guaranteed entry plus specific credit towards the Bachelor of Science (Wildlife Conservation Biology).
Find out more about guaranteed entry.
- Student applies for TAFE SA and the University of Adelaide in one preference (via SATAC TAFE SA Portal).
- Student is transitioned into University on completion of their TAFE qualification. No application is required.
- Student is granted credit for their completed qualification as per the agreement. This should be discussed with the relevant faculty to ensure study plan.
International packaged offer
International Packaged Offers allow students to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs under the SSVP (Simplified Streamlined Visa Processing) arrangements.
All of our five faculties grant credit (also known as Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) or ‘advanced standing') for previous studies depending on the relevance to your degree. Once you have gained entry to a degree you will be able to apply for credit. ‘Unspecified Credit’ is granted in a number of our degrees, for Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma level qualifications regardless of the study area.
See the Credit Calculator page for more specific details on types of credit and how to calculate credit.
More information, including credit amounts for specific courses, can also be found on the TAFE SA Credit Pathways page.
For further information contact us.
And finally, don't forget you will still need to apply through SATAC.