A place for the unconventional
Unthink what you know about entrepreneurship.
ThincLab is the place where unconventional thinkers can give their ideas an unfair advantage. It’s home to the creative thinkers, the rule-breakers, the challengers. The ones who see the world differently, and for whom ideas are everything and the future is unlimited.
Benefit from unique access to the University's brightest academic minds and business mentors to enhance your ideas. Connect with the experts in residence at Adelaide Enterprise and the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre.
Base yourself in our purpose-built spaces for collaboration. Our Adelaide HQ supports students, alumni, start-ups, growth businesses and research teams – all working side-by-side in a mix of office spaces, meeting rooms, private work stations and hot desks. Sister-sites in France and Singapore place you at the heart of the European and Asian markets.
Develop and refine your entrepreneurial skills by undertaking the Australian eChallenge 12-week new venture accelerator, enrol in an accredited study program or extend your professional development with a free online course.
Access a prototyping lab and design studio housing the latest release 3D printers and fabrication technology, and operated by highly-skilled lab technicians to support the rapid development of your product or concept.
- 803 start-ups assisted since 1993
- 4,000 eChallenge accelerator alumni since 2001
- $1.6M cash and prizes distributed to entrepreneurs since 2001
- 100+ mentors
- 100+ technology licensing partners
- 50 entrepreneurship students explored the world on study tours in 2016
- 21,000 enrolments across 200 countries for AdelaideX Entrepreneurial Opportunities since 2016
- 200,000+ enrolments across 200 countries for AdelaideX Project Management since 2016
- $3.5M+ Commercial Accelerator funding for University innovations since 2008
- $400,000 Commercial Accelerator funding available in 2017
- 3 start-ups borne from University research in 2016