Skip to content

In the News

1 to 15 of 26 [«] [1] [2] [»]
  • Art & Heritage Collections
    The Waite Arboretum is one of the University's treasures. Located on the Waite Campus, the Arboretum was established in 1928 on land given to the University of Adelaide by Peter Waite.

  • Irish magic and science combine in new portrait

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    Art & Heritage Collections is celebrating the Nobel Prize-winning work of Sir William and Sir Lawrence Bragg with a display of artefacts open to the public throughout August, including Open Day (Sunday 17 August). A selection of items used by Sir William Bragg during his 22 years as a Professor of Physics at the University of Adelaide at the turn of the 20th century, will be on display in the Barr Smith Library, North Terrace Campus.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    Sir Cedric Stanton Hicks (1892-1976), Nutritionist and Physiologist, was Professor of Human Physiology and Pharmacology at the University of Adelaide from 1926-58.

  • Art&Heritage Collections
    A new exhibition in the Barr Smith Library, South West Legends, celebrates the traditional legends of the Nyungar people of the south-west corner of Western Australia.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    The University's Visual Art Collection includes a small number of silverware items by one of the leading and most prolific colonial silversmiths and jewellers, Henry Steiner.

  • History Week offers taste of uni heritage

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    The aim of the Heritage Furniture Collection is to showcase and preserve the changing styles of educational furniture through the years.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    The Architecture Collection features design work spanning 50 years to the very beginnings of what is today known as the School of Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design at the University of Adelaide.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    More and more objects are discovered within University schools that were once used as teaching aids and have now become historical artefacts.

    These objects give an insight into teaching before the computer era.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    This bronze bust of Sir William Lawrence Bragg CH, OBE, MC, BA (Hons), FRS, by sculptor John W Mills, was unveiled by His Royal Highness the Duke of Kent KG, GCMG, GCVO, ADC, FRS during his visit to the University of Adelaide on 3 October.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    It is customary that gifts are exchanged whenever delegates from the University of Adelaide, such as the Vice-Chancellor, visit interstate and overseas universities and organisations. Gifts are also exchanged when people from overseas or interstate visit the University.

  • UN heritage award goes to Adelaide icon

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    The University of Adelaide's Elder Music Library houses a rare treasure - a contrabassophon. The contrabassophon was invented in Germany in the mid 19th century. Its "roar" was favoured over the contrabassoon's "wheezing" and "buzzing". The bore of the contrabassophon is double the width of the bassoon and far wider than any other double bassoon.

  • Art & Heritage Collections
    Sir George Murray was one of the University's greatest benefactors. During his time at the University, he was both Vice-Chancellor (1915) and Chancellor (1916-1942) and served for more than 50 years on the University Council.

1 to 15 of 26 [«] [1] [2] [»]
University Collections
Address

Room 538, Kenneth Wills Building 
The University of Adelaide
SA 5005 AUSTRALIA

Contact

T: +61 8 8313 3086
Email: unicollections@adelaide.edu.au