Aims and Objectives of the Honours Program
Aims of the Honours Course
- To develop the basic skills required for the practice of independent research.
- To promote an appreciation of the methodology and the application of problem solving strategies in research.
- To enhance the competitiveness of our graduates in obtaining appropriate employment.
Objectives for Honours Students
- to demonstrate an original and critical approach in the assimilation of the current state of knowledge in a particular area of research.
- to appreciate current gaps in our understanding and the future areas for investigation in a particular area of research.
- to demonstrate mastery of the basic techniques required for the study of a research question.
- to develop a rigorous and methodical approach to the maintenance of records and the collection, storage and analysis of data.
- to develop the capacity to identify and evaluate a problem and define the important elements required for its solution (appreciating the risks and benefits of alternate approaches).
- to communicate information clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.