Summer Research Scholarships
Each year, the School of Animal & Veterinary Sciences, along with their many research partners located on the Roseworthy campus, offer summer research scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students.
The scholarships will allow you to participate in a research project for a period of up to six weeks to 'get a taste' of what research is really about.
- You participate in an actual research project and work with some of the world's top scientists.
- You get paid while you do it.
- You get valuable work experience that you can include on your CV.
- You build relationships with potential honours and PhD supervisors.
- You get to experience if you really do want to become a researcher in a particular field.
- Are you eligible?
- You need to be a current university undergraduate student. Some scholarships (e.g. offered by CRCs) may be open to students from universities other than Adelaide.
- Usually you will need to have completed a minimum of two years of study. Some scholarships will allow outstanding first year students or students that have just completed their bachelor degree.
- You should have at least a credit average for your grades. Always include a copy of your academic record with your application.
- Some scholarships will require that you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident - always check before applying.
- You should submit a paragraph outlining your reasons for wanting to complete the summer research scholarship and how this will help you in your future career.
- There are two types of summer research scholarships available.
**We recommend students apply for both scholarships**
|Scholarship||Closing dates||How to apply|
|Adelaide Summer Research Scholarship|
Research Scholarships are available across the University of Adelaide. The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage undergraduate students to consider undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Adelaide leading to a career involving research.
The closing date is October 6. However, please submit to the School by October 4.
|SUBMIT to the school by
To obtain school approval, complete the application form with your project supervisor details and expected start date and submit it to:
Senior Academic Support Officer, Williams Building, Roseworthy Campus - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school will then submit your application to the Scholarships Office on your behalf, and give you a copy if you want one.
|School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences Summer Research Scholarships|
Summer Research Scholarships are available through the School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences (Roseworthy Campus).
There are six Summer Research Scholarships available.
Complete the application form with your project supervisor details and expected start date and submit it to:
Senior Academic Support Officer, Williams Building, Roseworthy Campus - email@example.com