Waite Historic Precinct
The Waite Historic Precinct
Situated on the Waite Campus of the University of Adelaide, the Waite Historic Precinct is on land bequeathed by Peter Waite to the University in 1914. The bequest specified that the estate be used by the University for a) an agricultural research and teaching facility and b) a public park or garden. With the deaths of Peter and Matilda Waite in 1922, the Urrbrae estate was handed over to the University in 1923. The land has remained unsubdivided since 1839.
The Waite Historic Precinct incorporates the internationally renowned Waite Arboretum, Waite Conservation Reserve and the Urrbrae House Historic Precinct.