The University through Information Technology Services provides web hosting free of charge to University Faculties and Divisions.
The University has developed hosting principles to apply to all webpages hosted on any University owned or controlled web server, regardless of whether or not the content is linked to the main University server and webpages.
These principles are:
- The information must relate closely to the University's strategies and objectives.
- There must be a demonstrable and obvious benefit to the University.
- The pages should have a positive impact on the University's public reputation or image.
- The published information should not expose the University to the risk of a legal liability or contradict official University policies.
- Commercial activity utilising the University's Internet access is not permitted.
- There should be no other alternative host for the pages that would be more appropriate.
The nature of the information published must be consistent with the University's webpage publishing policy, related to the mission and goals of the University, and meeting all the criteria in the hosting principles.
All applications for web hosting should be directed to:
Manager, Online Media
Marketing & Strategic Communications
Level 1 Wyatt House
115 Grenfell Street
The University of Adelaide SA 5005
Telephone: (08) 8313 3280