The University web page editor Template Management System (TMS) has been upgraded to a new and improved version.
The previous version appeared like this:
The new version now appears like this:
So What Has Changed?
The new version does everything that the previous version did, but is more user friendly.
- The editing tools are now located at the top of the editing window.
- The styles have been updated to match the most recent version of the University website template so you can see exactly how your content will appear while still in editing mode. If your website is still in the old template, please see the information below for old template users on how this affects you.
- Pasting in content from other programs, such as Word documents and emails has been improved. By default now, text will be pasted as plain text. You can paste your content in and then style it accordingly, using the Formats dropdown menu:
- There is also an option to Show blocks. This feature adds a dotted line around each HTML tag used on the page, and displays the tag name in the top right corner each section (e.g. H1, H2, P, DIV). This is especially helpful when editing some of the Pattern Library elements, like pods, accordions and tabs:
- There is also a Fullscreen button which allows you to perform editing in the full browser window.
- The icon used to create an anchor link has changed from to .
If you edit your website using the web browser Internet Explorer, please note that the new TMS does not work in IE7 or IE7 Compatibility Mode (the default settings).
You can change these settings quickly and easily to allow TMS functionality, with the following steps:
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of the page.
- Click 'Compatability View settings'.
- Untick the checkbox for 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View'.
Old Template Users
If your website is still in the old template, you can still edit as per usual. The headings and styling of tables may look a little different when you're editing, but when you 'Preview' your changes, you'll be able to see how it will look once saved and the styles will be as they should in the old template.
Please note: you won't be able to take advantage of the new template patterns until your template has been upgraded. These patterns will only work in the new template and won't display correctly in the old template. Please contact the Web Team if you'd like to discuss moving your website to the new template.
For more information, go to the Step-by-Step Guide to Editing TMS.