Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Scheme
This initiative of Federal Government policy is designed to provide access to higher education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people if they do not otherwise qualify for university entrance.
All applicants to Wirltu Yarlu Preparatory Program and CASM Foundation programs and the University of Adelaide undergraduate degree programs must be 17 years of age prior to the start of the academic year (the first week in March) in which they wish to enrol.
Applicants are assessed by Wirltu Yarlu in conjunction with Faculty/School staff and are selected on the basis of their:
- written application
- student support assessment
- literacy & numeracy assessment
- selection interview
Students wanting to study at CASM must also undertake a musical audition.
For further details on entry requirements contact Wirltu Yarlu:
- Telephone: (08) 8313 3623
- Facsimile: (08) 8313 4396
- Email: email@example.com
- Freecall for country and interstate callers:
- phone 1800 651 763 or fax 1800 359 573
Confirmation of Aboriginality
Access to the University of Adelaide under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Scheme is exclusively for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander origins.
Wirltu Yarlu therefore ask that applicants provide confirmation of their origins by completing a "Declaration of Descent" Form and having it endorsed by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community organisation.
An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is someone who:
- is of Aboriginal and/or Islander descent
- identifies as Aboriginal or Islander; and
- is accepted as such by the community in which he or she lives or has lived.